10.10.2007

Whoa man... I am so tired. I crawled out of bed this morning with the full intentions of making to the local high school's First Priority meeting and made my way to the shower. I found myself a couple of minutes later waking up in the shower. My lovely wife came and told me to get back in the bed before I drowned myself. I love the way that she looks out after me. I guess that the sleep that has been lost with the care of little Drew is catching up with me. It's amazing though. Perspective is everything. I usually find myself very cranky and snappy when I don't get enough sleep, usually pointing a blaming finger at the culprit who is robbing me of my precious z's. But I find myself taking great joy in losing sleep. I realize that I am losing z's to take care of this wonderful gift that our awesome God has entrusted to me (and to help take care of the wonderful bride, too). With that in mind, loss of sleep is no big deal anymore. In this journey that we call life, perspective is key. When we get our priorities and perspective out of whack, then everything begins to fall apart leaving us wondering, "what in the world is going on?" When those priorities and perspectives are in their proper order, life is truly lived in an abundant way.

Jesus Christ said that He came to give us life and to give it to us in an abundant way (John 10:10). This is truly one of my favorite verses showing that Jesus is anything but a "stick-in-the-mud." He also said to us that if we were weary, worn-out, run-down that we should come to Him and find rest (Matthew 11:28-30). I encourage you that if you are being drained by life, come to Jesus and find the rest that you are so eagerly looking for.

0 comments: