11.20.2007

Time goes by too fast. I've heard that said a bunch of times growing up. I can remember thinking to myself when I would hear someone say that, "What? Fast? You're crazy!" Now I find myself saying those very words. I feel so much like ol' Rip Van Winkle. I feel that I've laid down for a nap and woke up many years later. For example, it seems as if we were bringing little Drew home from the hospital just yesterday. Just in case you may not know who Drew is, he is the greatest son in the world and not a bad dresser either... see...
Like I was saying, it seems that we just brought him home from the hospital yesterday. This coming Monday he starts to daycare as me and his mom have to be at our jobs.

This makes me think about some wise advice given some time ago: "Make the most of every moment because when it's gone, it's gone." Time is a precious commodity. But we must realize that we only have one shot at doing it right the first time. There are no guarantees that we will be able to go back and correct our mistakes either. So I guess that's my thought for the day.

Join me in wishing a big good luck to the Alabama Crimson Tide as they get ready to lay a long awaited whooping on Auburn this Saturday. Roll Tide!

0 comments: