1.24.2008

Awesome

I often think about random, off-the-wall things. I have realized that I really use the word "awesome" a lot. I got to thinking about what that word means... not necessarily what Webster says, but what does that word mean. When I look at the word I think that it is referring to something that makes you just stand there in awe. I know that I use the word "awesome" way too much because there are very few things that make me just stand still in awe. I will say that this week I have encountered something that is truly "awesome." There is a radio program out of Birmingham, Alabama that I listen to quite often. It is called "the Rick and Bubba show." If you have listened to this show any the past week, you know where I'm going. Rick (one of the hosts of the show) and his family went through the horrifying experience of losing their two year old son in an accident this past weekend. Being a recent new father myself, this really hit close to my heart. The thing that stopped me in my tracks and cause me to realize that I had been paralyzed with awe was the working of the Holy Spirit in and through Rick Burgess and his family. I encourage you to go to their website (http://www.rickandbubba.com/) and check out and experience the awesomeness that I'm talking about.

0 comments: