3.20.2008

First Easter As A Parent

As Easter quickly approaches, I realize that this is going to be a very different Easter than ever before. For the first time ever, I am going to participate in Easter as a parent. It seems that with every passing day there is a new experience in this thing called parenting. This past Sunday, we gathered the family up after church, got some Sonic to munch on, and went and had our "Easter pictures" made. It was so much fun. I have never really gotten into the whole picture-taking craze in my life. This time was very different. I got to choose what I would wear. I also got a say in what the pictures should look like (with much help from the lovely Naomi). It was really good times. We had 143 pictures taken. Good thing was that I was only in maybe four. Most of the pictures were of our little man, Drew. I hope to get some of the pics up here soon. I think that you would like them.


In the way of ministry, I guess you can say that I'm bucking a trend. I know that Easter is only a couple of days away and that most of the attention of churches all around is on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I'm not saying that it's not important. I'm not saying I'm against it. I am very much for it. It was the resurrection that gave me hope of a future and eternal life. We have taken a different course though in our student ministry. We are currently doing a series called "Busted!" I am really enjoying this series. I am growing fond of hunting down funny pictures for this series. Here are a couple of pictures that have made their way to our screens that we thought were just hiliarious:


That's funny stuff... but the focus has been on times when people have been busted for things. The first week we talked about David and Bathsheba and how giving into temptations can get you into a world of trouble. Last night was a good night. We had our students back who were gone to Chicago on a school band trip (go Pirate Band). Last night we talked about Moses and our "hidden things". It was good times. I'm really looking forward to this next week. We are going to put a spin on things and take them in a totally different direction. It's always good to do that every so often. I will tell you more about it after next Wednesday.
Have a great and awesome celebration of the risen Savior this weekend!

0 comments: