3.18.2008

Accountability

I am currently going through a study of Daniel from the Bible and I came across something in this familiar story that I had never seen before. In chapter 2, we see that Daniel and his friends were in a hard place - they had a death warrant on their lives. After finding out the reason, Daniel asks for a little time to interpret the king's dream. Here's the part that I had never paid much attention to: Daniel goes to three friends and asks them to pray. It got me to thinking about the precious few that I have in my life that I can call on at any time to pray with me about something. I thank God so much for giving me a couple of guys to lean on during times of decision. Do you have someone that you can go to about anything and know that they will lift you up in honest prayer? If not, ask God now to send you someone to be a real friend.

"As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend." - Proverbs 27:17

0 comments: