7.15.2008

First Steps

It has occured to us that our little man is growing up too fast. Sunday night after church Naomi came up to me all excited after getting Drew from the nursery saying, "Watch this!". She stood Drew up and told him to come to me. Drew looks at me with a smile and takes a couple of steps (by himself) and falls into my arms. I grab him up and shower him with hugs and kisses.
Since that time he hasn't taken many steps, but I've been thinking. Is that what it's like when we discover something that our Heavenly Father desires for us to do? I truly believe so. I can see Him standing there in front of us saying, "C'mon... You can do it" and then showering us with love and affirmation as we take Him at His word and step out in faith.
Is there something that God is asking you to do that is further than you've been before? Trust Him and step out. We aren't supposed to be crawling for the rest of our days. Maybe it's time to get up and walk!

0 comments: