1.02.2009

A New Year

2009 has begun.  What will this year hold for those of us around to see it?  This time of the year always has people rethinking and making goals for their lives.  That's a good thing in my opinion.  I'm not much of a planner, but I do like to have some goals.  They give you focus.  One goal that many Christians seem to make is to read the Bible through during the year.  I think that this is an important goal.  If you are going to base all of your life on the Bible, you should at least know what it says.  It troubles me to meet people of other faiths who know their "holy book" forwards and backwards, but to meet a Christian who has never read all of the Bible.

The people at Lifechurch.tv have put together a great tool to help people who are trying to read through the Bible in a year.  You can read about it here.  I have this on my blackberry and love it.  God's word is with me wherever I take my phone.

What are some goals that you have set for 2009?

0 comments: