6.26.2009

Book Review: "Between Wyomings"

I have developed this urge to read more since I got out of school.  Why I didn't have this urge in school is beyond me.  Normally, I will read books that deal with ministry or student culture since I am a student pastor.   I chose this last time to break the mold and try a different type of book.  I chose "Between Wyomings" by Ken Mansfield.

"Between Wyomings" is basically a short journal of this record executive as he and his wife take a journey.  Different from my normal readings this book definitely was.  I'm not quite sure what I was really expecting to get out of this book when I got it.  It was interesting to hear about this man's (Ken Mansfield) past and all of the stars that he had gotten to work with.  I am a fan of a few of the artists that he had worked with, so it was good to hear some of the stories that you might never get to hear about them.

I will admit that this was a hard read.  Though the chapters were very short, the random blog-like style of writing was hard to follow.  Mansfield tended to go in and out of a day-dream state and just made the book not as interesting to me.

If you are a fan of the music industry and would like to hear some good stories about great ones like the Beatles, Waylon Jennings, and more then this book might just be up your alley.  If you're looking for something to really inspire you and move you, I would probably look elsewhere.

0 comments: