8.11.2009

Book Review: "The Hole in Our Gospel"

Recently, I read a book from Richard Stearns called "The Hole in Our Gospel."  Stearns is the President of World Vision US since 1998.  The book is both the story of how he came to the position of President of World Vision US and a call to look at the "gospel" that we believe in.

I found this book to be a great read.  The first part of the book takes you on a journey with Stearns as he answers the call to lead the World Vision operations in the United States.  Stearns is very honest about his doubts and trials.  I found it very easy to relate to him even though I have never been a CEO of anything.  The later chapters was a fresh look at the "gospel" and the fact that it is more than just telling someone, "Jesus loves you."

I would highly recommend you to add this book to your reading list.  I am confident that anyone who reads this book would be encouraged and even convicted on different fronts.

0 comments: