10.14.2009

Book Review: "Take Your Best Shot"

cover shot

Last night, I finished this book from Austin Gutwein about his journey to making a difference in this world.  I was intrigued about this book when I found out that Austin was a young boy who really believed that God could use him to make a difference in the world.  This book was a very quick read for me and easy to follow.  I really liked how it had challenges at the end of each chapter for the reader to put into practice.

This story is amazing and so true as to truly how great our God is.  He took the small efforts of a young boy shooting free throws to change the dynamics of a culture torn apart by the HIV/AIDS epidemic.  This book will challenge any reader to search out ways that God may want to use them to make a difference to someone in this world also.

I really liked the layout of the book.  It wasn't filled with a bunch of facts and reports from what was going on.  It was truly the heart of a child sharing how God had rocked his world, and how that child was being used to impact Africa.  I would highly recommend this book.  I believe that it will get your mind to spinning about what can we really do... one step at a time to make a difference for the Kingdom of God.

Rating: A

0 comments: