10.02.2009

Today's News

Today, I am at the house with my son watching Fox News. I find myself just shaking my head at the headlines. First, there was the finding of the "missing link." This archaeological find of a primate skeleton that apparently is something that is not ape but not human. This is supposed to be it? And from these few bones they found, they were able to say that it walked on four legs in the trees and two on land? Please. If that wasn't enough, there is this scandal of David Letterman being blackmailed about relations that he had with staff members. The most troubling part of this story is the reaction of the crowd to his admitting that these relationships were true: applause.

So this is the world and culture that we are to raise our children in? Romans 1 is being played out in front of our eyes. We must be alert and deliberate in our efforts to teach our children the ways of the Lord. I encourage you to pray for parents to see and accept the call of God to be the teachers and examples for our children. Also pray that our children might see the truth of God's word in a very crazy society.

0 comments: