12.21.2009

Thankful

Today, I was taken to lunch by a gentleman in our church whom I look up to.  He has been so great to our family since our arrival at FBC Birmingham in April 2008.  I'm totally excited about a class that this man is going to teach in our upcoming discipleship class in January.  It is going to be on how to study the bible.  This guy has some great ideas.  I knew that he was an awesome student of the Word, but this guy is creative as all get out.  It's going to be great to see what God does through this study.

I found out that our lunch was not to just talk about the upcoming class.  This man has served as a deacon faithfully for a while.  He wanted to let me know that he feels led to be our family's deacon.  This floored me... Here is this guy that I see as a great student of the Word wanting to be a complete servant to our family so that we can do what God has called us to do: preach the Word and pray.  God, thank you for people like this man and his family who take your Word and their relationship that seriously.

0 comments: