1.01.2010

2010

2009 has come and gone.  2010 is now here.  It's amazing to me at just how quickly the years pass by.  I've never been one that was very big on "new years resolutions."  I have tried them before but fallen into the lump of many who fall short by February.  I do think that 2010 will be a great year filled with many great experiences.  My family has put a theme on 2010: the year of becoming more biblical.

This may sound strange to some, but it has really come to my attention that many people who call themselves "Christians" base their lives and convictions on the traditions of culture more than that Word of God.  I have been greatly disturbed by this.  Thus the reason for our family having a theme for this year.  I do not want people to say of me nor my family that our lives are based and shaped by anything more than the Word of God (the Bible).  To help move this theme from just a good thought to actual happening, our family is going through the same Bible reading plan for 2010.  I'm sure that we will confront things that need to change in our lives.  I'm sure that we'll encounter some things that God's Word affirms that's already in our family's life.  Whatever the case, 2010 is looking to be a very interesting year.

What are some things that you feel God is calling you to this year?

0 comments: