2.02.2010

Crossroads Update

A couple of weeks ago, our student ministry started a new series called "It's the End of the World As We Know It." This series is an overview of end time events as the Bible talks about them. This has been a fun series to prepare and do. Reading different thoughts and study notes from a range of folks has caused me to really get in to it and try to get my mind somewhat aroud these events.

It always amazes me just how interested students are in the end of the world. Think about it. Teenagers do have this subconscious thought of lasting forever, but still they want to know how it all comes to an end.

One really cool thing that happened this week is that I got a text message from a parent saying that their student had some questions and was a little confused about these end time events. At first, I wondered if I had confused this student by teaching wrong. Then, God reminded me that this is why I am on staff at our church in the role of student pastor. I am called to come alongside and help parents spiritually train their child (not do it all for them). I gave the parent a timeline of events and my study notes with the invitation to help find more resources if needed.

As this series plays out, I'm anxious to see what God is going to do. One thing that I do hope for is that a passion and longing for Jesus' return would be ignited in our students' lives.

0 comments: