9.19.2010

Three and Counting

Today is the closing of a whirlwind of a weekend.  We have had family at our house since Friday for two reasons: 1) the celebration of our oldest son's 3rd birthday, Drew, and 2) the dedication service of our youngest son, Sam.  It has been crazy, but so worth every minute.  We love being surrounded by family.

Today has a very special place in me and Naomi's lives.  It was three years ago today that we became parents for the first time.  It was the day that our lives completely changed and there was no looking back.  As I said to Naomi today, "I wouldn't trade a minute for anything."  I have learned so much about myself and my relationship with God through my relationship with my oldest son.  There are so many times when I look at Drew and think, "what in the world are you thinking?"... only to be reminded by God that He feels the same thing many times looking at me.

Drew, I doubt you'll ever read this stuff, but in case you do... I love you, little mister.  Thank you making the past three years some of the best I've ever seen.

0 comments: