12.07.2010

Whirlwind

The past week or so has been one giant whirlwind for our family. It all started with the news that after my mother had returned to her place of residence after spending Thanksgiving with us had fallen and broken her leg. She would need surgery to repair the leg.

This surgery took place this past Monday. It was hard for me because I couldn't be there. I had to be in seminary classes getting final materials for our finals coming up next week. It's amazing how much they can cram into the last class.

On top of all this, we finally sold our house in south Alabama. After almost three years of having it on the market, it is gone. We hope that it works well for Kristy & the kiddos. There will be more on this topic coming in a future post.

We then found out that our six month old had an ear infection. You parents know what great sleep we've been getting because of this.

It is times like these that I hear words like "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10a) and laugh. I laugh at first because I think this has to be some cruel joke. Then I laugh because I know in my heart that this is true. During the times when it seems like things are going craziest is when God many times shows Himself the greatest.

Take heed to the words of the psalmist in the midst of the whirlwinds of life. God will show Himself to be true and faithful.

0 comments: