6.07.2011

Reminder From A One Year Old

Today, I was at the house eating lunch with the family.  Everything was going normally as it does when I eat lunch at the house.  As the food was ready, Drew (our 3 year old) prepared to give thanks for our meal.  As we stood there together as a family and Drew prayed, I watched Sam (our 1 year old) who I was holding.  As Drew prayed and thanked Jesus for the food, Sam watched Drew carefully.  Usually Sam is jabbering, wiggling, and looking all around, but not at this time.  His sole attention was there on his brother.  You could almost see and hear the wheels turning in his head.

I think that it was at this moment that the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart.  I believe that He was reminding me that as a Christ-follower, there are those who are watching me.  As God is working on people's lives, they are looking to the most clear and closest picture of Jesus that they have: His followers.  I am reminded of the words of 1 Thessalonians 5:6.

"So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled."

Christians, remember that there is a world desperately looking for a clear picture of the true Savior.  Jesus has called us, even though we sometimes fail, to be that picture for them.  Reflect well.

0 comments: