10.19.2011

Danger: Wild Animals on the Loose

This morning I heard about the wild animals that were on the loose in Ohio. At first, I wondered if this was a real story or a joke. As I heard about the reason these wild beasts were running amuck, I quickly recognized the seriousness of the situation.

I was very proud of the Muskingum County Sheriff Department in their quick assessment of the situation. They had said that because of the great potential harm, they were going to shoot the animals on sight... unapologetically. (PETA should love that!)

It made me think of1 Peter 5:8. Peter encourages believers to remember the danger of our enemy, the devil. He is vicious and "seeks to steal, kill, and destroy" us (John 10:10). He is not funny... He is not cute... He is an angry lion on a destroy mission of anything that slightly resembles God.

Be alert. That vicious lion is still roaming this earth looking for lunch. If we aren't alert and seeing the enemy as he truly is, then we will be that next meal. Let us be like the Muskingum County Sheriff Department and take no chances with danger.

0 comments: