12.04.2011

Go Ahead, Test God

Before I get flagged for being a heretic, let me share with you from the Bible I'm coming from.

"Bring the full tenth into the storehouse so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this way," says the Lord of Hosts
Malachi 3:10 HCSB


I have believed in and even taught this passage of Scripture in various places. Today, that passage has taken a much clearer meaning for me.

Over the past week or so, I have been trying to figure out what the near future held for me and my family. We've been on this journey for about four months now of seeking where God wants us to serve Him. You can read more about that here.

The class schedules, the need of income to provide for family's needs, and other things weren't lining up well. I kept asking how it was going to work out and trying to trust the Lord to provide. It had gotten to a point that I was beginning to look at things through my eyes and perspective. You know, how can I take care of this?

Last week, we decided that though the amount was not much, we were going to tithe from the small amount of funds that were trickling in. We wrote the check and put in the plate. (If you want to know what amount God is looking for, check this out.)

20111204-163515.jpg

This morning, during our small group time at church, we shared with our group some of our prayer requests (school, ministry, job) very specifically. After the Bible study time, my wife was approached by one in our class with a "gift" to help. I was asked about the amount lacking for next semester to work. I told him and then he placed a check in my hand an said, " Here's God's answer." In my hand lay a check for the EXACT AMOUNT we were praying for.

God has a way of saying to us, "Trust Me. When I say something, I mean it." God spoke through His prophet centuries ago with the message of "put the Lord to the test in this" (Malachi 3:10). God spoke to our family this morning with the words, "See? I told you that I've got this."

Do you have the guts to take God at His word and let Him show you just how awesome, powerful, and sovereign He is?

0 comments: