12.30.2011

Know the Word

As 2011 comes to a close, many people will be looking forward and making "new year's resolutions." These resolutions cause great frustration for many. One of the resolutions that I've heard before from Christians is that they are going to finally read through the Bible this year.

Over the past couple of years this resolution has grown stranger to me. Why is it that Christians will say that they believe and trust the Bible yet they don't know what it says? How do they know what God says and desires if they do not take the time to use the most plain revelation of Himself?

I have tried to make it a top priority to read through the entire Bible each year over the past few years. I have used different methods at different times. One of the best ways I've found is to read through the Bible chronologically. One of the best tools I have found to help with this is the One Year Bible Plan. They have two great plans: one that is chronological an another that is just passages from different genres of the Bible. There are also great plans that can be found at YouVersion.com.

I would encourage every Christian to read through the Bible this year, not as a resolution but as a way to know the heart of God more intimately.

What plan do you use to read through the Scriptures?

0 comments: