12.03.2011

What's He Worth?

"But everything that was a gain to me, I have considered to be a loss because of Christ. More than that, I also consider everything to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." ~ Philippians 3:7-8 HCSB


Just prior to these verses, the apostle Paul had talked about his life resume. He had shared about the various reasons why he might brag and rely on his accomplishments to get him into good graces with God. Then he busts out with saying that it was all filth... garbage... dung.

This got me to thinking about what would I give up in order to just know Jesus Christ. Would I give up my heritage? My dreams? My reputation?

20111202-225822.jpg


If there is anything in our lives that would not be thrown out the window for a chance to know God and have a relationship with Him, then that thing is an idol in our lives. Many times the idols that stand in our lives are not the big things but the small little things that we hold to with the grip of a pitbull.

May we, like Paul, count anything and everything worth nothing in comparison to knowing Jesus Christ.

0 comments: