1.05.2012

An Amazing Teacher

I have to take a moment and brag. Some think that bragging should not be done by Christians, but I have a different opinion on that. Of course, bragging can go too far and become dangerous ground. If it is kept in check, it can be a very good thing. Paul said that we should dwell on things that are true, noble, and pure (Philippians 4:8).

I would like to brag on my amazing wife, Naomi. I've known for some time now that she was great. I knew when I asked her to marry me that she would be an awesome mother for my children. Today, I saw how true that is.

As I was taking our oldest son to preschool, here's a little of the conversation that took place...

Drew: "Dad, I thought we were going to my school?"
Me: "We are."
Drew: "But Dad, WE HAVEN'T PRAYED YET!!!!
Me: (as I turned the radio off) Well, let's do that now.
I realized that Naomi and Drew pray every morning on the way to school. This has become a MUST for our son. After dropping Drew off at school, I had to take a moment and thank God for the amazing teacher He has provided our children through Naomi.

Parents, it is our responsibility to lead and teach our children spiritually (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, 20-25). It is not the "job" of pastors at the local church. Make sure that you are taking the time to pour into your greatest ministry: your family.

0 comments: