1.31.2012

The Weekend Review

I spent this last weekend in Gilbertown, Alabama and preached at New Life Fellowship. It was my first time to spend time in this area of my home state.

Here are some highlights from the weekend:

  • Meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.
  • This is one reason I enjoying preaching at different places. It is so good to meet those I will spend eternity praising Jesus before we get there. The crew at New Life Fellowship is a great group of folks who are trying to make an impact on Choctaw County and the world.
  • Small town living is much more laid back.
  • Most of my life has been spent in bigger cities. The times I've spent in smaller towns have been times when I find that endangered species: free time.
  • There are some good eats in Gilbertown.
  • If you're in the area of Gilbertown, AL, then you need to check out The Harbor for some good seafood and Bimbo's (yes, that is the male owner's name) for some good burgers or pizza (I heard the poboys are pretty good, too.).

    0 comments: