2.21.2012

The Next Chapter

As you read through a book, you go from one chapter to the next. Each one building on those that precede it. It seems to be very similar when it comes to the story of our lives.

August 14, 2011. This was the date that I stepped down as youth pastor at FBC Birmingham, Alabama. It was a day of mixed emotions. I was taking my family and stepping out in faith to pursue what I felt God was leading for us: stepping out of student ministry and into being the lead pastor of a church.

For the past six months, my family had been in a period of trusting the Lord and waiting. I would speak at a couple of churches, but no leads as to where God wanted us to serve.

That was until a couple of weeks ago. Through a set of circumstances, I came into contact with a church that I had talked to almost a year ago. We began to talk again and pray for guidance. I went and preached a couple of times, met many of the people, and took a look at the town.

This past Sunday, all that discussion with this church and the Lord about direction came to an end. The end of that road was an invitation (accompanied by a 100% vote) to become the Lead Pastor at New Life Fellowship in Gilbertown, Alabama. We humbly accepted this role feeling a peace that this is exactly where God wants us to be.

I cannot put into words the emotions going through me at this moment. The task that God has called me to at New Life Fellowship is one that has my mind spinning. I am honored and humbled that God would allow me to shepherd an amazing group of people.

Our official "first day on the job" will be Sunday, March 11. I ask that you continue to pray for our family as we transition to the next chapter in this wonderful story that God is unfolding through us. Pray also for New Life Fellowship as it is a young church - only four years old - and trying to make an impact on their community for the Kingdom of Christ.

0 comments: