7.30.2012

Rock the Block Recap



It is times like these that I realize that while I'm not old, I'm definitely not as young as I used to be.  I am in recoup mode from our church's "Rock the Block" this past weekend.  It was amazing time as our fellowship partnered with another one to reach out to this community with the Gospel of Jesus.  This was the first time our fellowship had done an event like this (similar to VBS or a backyard Bible club).  I believe that things went really well and many children (and their parents) heard the Gospel.

We had around 25 children of various ages on our campus Friday - Sunday.  We had music, Bible stories, crafts, games, and more.  The theme of the weekend was "Our Great B.I.G. God" based off of Ephesians 5:1.  Four main points were covered...


  • A great big God who created a great big universe.

  • There was a great big problem.

  • In spite of our great big problem, God showed a great big love.

  • God has a great big plan for our lives.


I was so encouraged as our people from New Life Fellowship, though they had not done an event like this, stepped up to serve and love on the families that God sent our way.  I can honestly say that I am honored to be the pastor at such a loving and serving fellowship.  We closed the weekend with our worship services on Sunday morning letting the children help in leading worship.  You can hear the message from that service by clicking here.

A big thanks to the crew from The Church at Brook Hills who gave up a weekend to serve alongside of us.  Three families came down and helped us pull this event off.

Now comes the hard part of the event: the follow-up.  We all are tired. We all are dragging.  God has sent these children and families our way to love on them and continue the process of sharing Jesus and discipling them.  I ask for your prayers as we continue to do the good work that God has called us to do in our community.

0 comments: