10.05.2012

Honored and Proud

20121005-132147.jpgToday, I got a phone call from a former student of mine. This guy is one of my "preacher boys" - those who had surrendered to ministry in the youth ministry I was privileged to lead. This young man has been close to me for some time. I have seen the hand of God on him for a while. I know that God is and will continue to use him in a mighty way.

It wasn't strange to hear from him. What was interesting about the conversation was the topic of conversation. He had called to let me know that his home church (mine, too -Wall Highway Baptist Church) had called for his ordination. He had wanted me to bring the charge to him during that special service. I am truly honored at this opportunity.

I am also looking forward to going back to the old stomping grounds for a couple of days. It has been far too long since we've been in Madison. I hope to see many of our old friends and family in a couple of weeks. If you are in the Madison area, join us at Wall Highway Baptist Church on October 21st for the evening service as we recognize God's hand and call on a great young man.

0 comments: