2.04.2013

Stewardship on the Brain

20130203-231153.jpgLast night, I joined millions of people to watch the Super Bowl. It is no secret that I am a football fan. I thought it was one of the greatest Super Bowls that I had seen in a while.

One thing that is anticipated with the Super Bowl is the commercials that play during the breaks. Companies get their best ideas together and put their product forward.

It came to my attention that this year the average cost of a 30 second commercial slot during the Super Bowl was something like $4 million.

Did you catch that??? $4 million for 30 seconds??? Some companies should have spent more time in the idea room if it was costing that much.

This figure got me to thinking about something. I have mentioned before that we sponsor a child from Kenya through Compassion International. We send $38 each month to help make sure that he gets the medical attention, education, faith training and more that he needs.

If we were to take what was spent for one 30 second Super Bowl commercial, we could sponsor 8,771 children for a year.

Let that sink in for a moment.

0 comments: