5.22.2013

One Week In

20130522-091958.jpg I feel like I'm back in college hearing that song, "it's been one week since you looked at me..." It has been one week since we moved to our new house and place of ministry. It seems like it has been so much longer (in a good way). We have been trying to get everything settled so that we can consider this place as home. One by one, the to-dos's are being marked off.

In the past week, we have...


  • moved to a new house

  • gotten through our first services at our new church home

  • attended first executive meeting at local association of churches (and was put on the program in 2014 as a backup preacher for one of the services)

  • unpacked more boxes than I remember packing

  • unpack most of my books into my new office (for those who know about my collection, you know that this is a task)

  • registered our oldest son for school


While it has been truly a whirlwind of things going on, it has been exciting.  We have had some of the church members pop in and welcome us and share a little of their hearts.  We even had one precious lady in our fellowship come by and offer to watch the boys so that me and Naomi could get a lunch date.

I am truly excited to see what God has in store for us and the fellowship at Bethany Baptist Church.  I believe that God has something amazing in store.  I just hope that we are ready for it.

0 comments: