9.19.2013

6 Years Ago

There are a few times in a person's life when their world gets rocked. It can be in a good way or a bad way. When these moments happen, nothing is ever the same.

Six years ago today was one of those moments for me. I found myself there in a hospital room at Thomas Hospital in Fairhope, Alabama. I realized that life would never be the same again. I was in shock. I didn't know what to do. It was all real now... I was a daddy.

Today is our oldest son, Drew's 6th birthday. I can remember many things about that day (except for a blurry period of about 30 mins around the time of his birth). I remember the feeling that here was a blessing that God had entrusted to me to love, teach, guide, and care for. Little did I know how much that little one would teach me.

Happy birthday, Little Bear!

20130919-000012.jpg

0 comments: