11.01.2013

Give Thanks Day 1

20131101-111821.jpg
I thought that I would do a little thing here on my blog for the month of November. The big focus during this month seems to be thanksgiving, and that's a good thing. It is important that we be thankful for the blessings we have received. I am going to look to share one thing each day in November for which I am thankful. If you have a blog, Facebook, or other means, I would encourage you to take this challenge as well.

For my first post of this series I would like to give thanks for the holiness of God.  Holiness is what I consider the greatest attribute of God.  The term holy literally means "separate."  The holiness of God refers to the fact that the God of the Bible is separated and different from any other "deity."  He is far above all of creation.  As Isaiah 46:8-10 says,

Remember this and be brave;
take it to heart, you transgressors!
Remember what happened long ago,
for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and no one is like Me.
I declare the end from the beginning,
and from long ago what is not yet done,
saying: My plan will take place,
and I will do all My will.

I am so thankful that the God that I serve is holy because if He was just one of many that are the same, then there would be no reason to really follow Him.  If the God of the Bible were just like any other god, then it would be just a pick what suits you - making you the ultimate authority.  I am by no means adequate to make that call.

Because of His holiness, God is able to love like no other... care like no other... carry out justice like no other... For this I am very thankful.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Amen!

Anthony said...

Thanks for the "Amen," Christy.

Give Thanks Day 3 | The Way I See It said...

[…] I would like to give thanks for the grace of our holy God.  The other day, I shared how I was thankful that God was holy.  That one characteristic is the one that sets Him apart from […]