11.14.2013

Give Thanks Day 14

20131114-071001.jpg
Today, I would like to express my thanks for prayer. I have not always been the greatest or the most consistent with my prayer life, but I am learning more and more with each passing day that prayer is not a chore but a privilege.

The more I think about it, it baffles me that the holy God of the universe has opened His throne room to us. He is sinless and without stain. He is able to see all of our imperfections and blemishes and still welcomes us into His presence. He even went so far as to send His Son to be a sacrifice that tore the veil that separated His presence from us (Matthew 27:50-51).

The reality that God doesn't just lord over us but wants to have a loving relationship with us is most clearly seen thru prayer. It is in prayer that we share our hearts with Him and He with us. Every relationship has to have a means of clear communication to thrive. God opens that door every time we bow our heads.

May we express our thanks to God for prayer by our participation in it.

"Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and incomprehensible things you do not know." (Jeremiah 33:3 HCSB)

0 comments: