11.16.2013

Give Thanks Day 16

20131115-131927.jpg
I would like to say thank you to the men who played the role of pastor in my life. While many people often think to the person behind the pulpit when they hear the term "pastor," I've learned that it is much more than a title. It is a calling of God and comes in many forms.

The pastors in my life have come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and ages. These men have been used by God to teach and mold me to be the man (and Christian) I am today. Some of these men have held the title "pastor" in a local church (senior pastor, youth pastor, etc). Some of these men have just been godly laity that He has used in mighty ways.

One interesting thing that I have learned is that the term "pastor" comes from the Greek word poimen, and refers more to the function they do instead of a title. That function is likened to a shepherd caring for sheep (feeding, grooming, training, disciplining). That function is not always carried out in a church service.

I am eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father for placing pastors in my path at just the right time. It would take the rest of the day to list the "pastors" in my life (plus I'd forget someone), but I feel that most of them know who they are. May The Lord continue to use you and bless you as you are used by Him to shape His sheep.

0 comments: