11.26.2013

Give Thanks Day 26

20131121-220836.jpg

 

On this dreary Tuesday, I am very thankful for the gift of music.  I would love to be able to say that I am talented at some instrument or can work a mic with the best of them, but that would be a lie.  I do play a mean radio or CD or iTunes playlist though!

Music is one of the things that God has allowed to be created that touches the heart like few things can.  I can remember joking with some college buddies about the fact that there is a song for virtually anything under the sun.  If you are in a downer mood, there's always that hope of hearing "that song" on the radio which picks you up.  If you are cruising down the road, a little "Sweet Home Alabama" hits the spot.

God truly knew His creation well when He allowed music to be invented.  It impacts and inspires people like few things on this playground we call earth.  The sad part is that because it is such an powerful tool, it has been perverted in many cases and used for evil (shame).  I truly believe that music was first invented as a means for people to worship God and express their devotion to Him.  I believe that it an also be used to tell a good story or just express how one is feeling, but to use it to destroy what God is seeking to build up is a tragedy.

0 comments: