1.22.2015

Why I Moved My Blog


Well, I have done it again. I have moved my blog to another place. For some time now, I have had my blog on Wordpress. I really liked the format and the neat little features that came along with it. I really liked the ease that one could modify their page with. So, why would one jump ship from something so good?

Ads.

I know that Wordpress, like many other places, have to do ads to keep their services "free." I get that. What set me over the tipping point was the type of ads that were being displayed. 

My wife was reading one of my latest posts, and she said something like "interesting ads." I noticed at the bottom of my posts were some ads that were not of the same nature as the content of my blog. I really don't want to promote "miracle diet pills" or "hottest gfs of celebrities."

We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5 ESV).

As Christians, it is important that we be proactive on things. Too many times, we get passive and find ourselves in sticky situations. I just didn't want to send any mixed messages so here we are on a new spot. 

0 comments: