10.16.2007

I am simply amazed at the potential of students. I work with students at a church and I get to see God do incredible things through them. I am constantly reminded of what God has called me to do: help teenagers know Him and make Him known to others. At our church, we are having a special youth service tomorrow night called "Super Hero Night". It is simply a theme night where we are having the youth dress up like their favorite superhero and bring as many friends as possible. I chose to let a group of high school students in our ministry take the ball and run with the plans for this night. What they have come up with is awesome! I cannot wait for tomorrow to come and see the fruit of their labors.

If you have an opportunity, pour into the teenagers around you. Give them an opportunity to shine. I have been working with students since 1997. One thing that I have clearly learned in my work with students (especially high school students) is that they are just looking for an opportunity to contribute. Take the time to let the students that God has placed in your path shine.


"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." ~ Matthew 5:16 (ESV)

0 comments: