9.15.2008

Reflecting The Glory Of God

As I sit here getting ready to go into my Old Testament class, I am reflecting on the assigned reading for today: Exodus. That's right, the whole book. It's good stuff though. I have been drawn to the passage in Exodus 34 where Moses descended from the mountain and his face was shining with "the glow." I have read this many times and heard many thoughts on it, too. The fact was that this "glow" was given to Moses as a sign of his spending time face-to-face with Yahweh and Yahweh's approval of Moses' leadership.

I guess my fascination with this event is my wondering, "Do I ever glow?" Is there a true sign that I have spent time face-to-face with the God of the universe and His approval of His call on my life? It may not be that I have to wear a veil for the sake of those around me, but I long for a sign that others can see that the God that I love and serve is real.

1 comments:

Christy said...

I've seen that glow on Bro. Charles Davis!