8.31.2011

Close of August

I sit here on the end of one of the craziest months of my life. It seemed like there was never goof to be an end to the twists and turns. But with all that said, it was a pretty good month.

Here's a little of all that's gone down...


  • Preached at a church plant in my hometown. It was really cool to see what God was doing in the area of the state where I was born and raised. I ask that you continue to pray for Ignite City Church as they reach out to the Huntsville, AL area and get off the ground.

  • Preached final message at First Baptist Church of Birmingham, AL. Sunday, August 14 marked the close of our ministry in Birmingham. It was great as we also dedicated out little Cole to the Lord. One awesome thing that came out of this was a love offering that covered the remainder fees I had for school this semester. God is good!

  • We moved to Mississippi to finish school. I am currently sitting at the halfway point to my Master of Divinity degree through New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. We felt that with the transition and waiting for God to give us a church to shepherd as pastor, I'd go ahead and knock this out.

  • Speaking engagements.  August was filled with some great opportunities to share God's Word with churches around the southeast.  As mentioned earlier, I spoke at Ignite City Church and FBC Birmingham, Alabama.  I also spoke to Lucien Baptist Church (outside of Brookhaven, MS) and FBC St. Rose, LA.

  • A new phase of ministry.  August began a new phase of ministry for our family.  After 13 years in student ministry, we feel that God is calling us to pastor a local church.  We are still praying and seeking the Lord's guidance on where that place is.  We ask that you to lift us in prayer as we seek to obey the call of God on our lives.

0 comments: