11.03.2013

Give Thanks Day 3

20131102-090736.jpg

Today, I would like to give thanks for the grace of our holy God.  The other day, I shared how I was thankful that God was holy.  That one characteristic is the one that sets Him apart from anything and anyone else.  Because He is holy, God cannot tolerate or be around sin.  That's not a good thing seeing how I (along with the rest of the human race) am stricken by sin (Romans 3:9-18, 23).

Because of the sin that is present in my life, I cannot come before the holy God of the universe much less have a relationship with Him.  Unless... (I love this unless)... unless this holy God decides of His own free will to extend His grace and mercy my way.

When we look at the cross of Calvary, that is exactly what we see.  The holy God did what sinful human beings could not do for themselves: He made a way for them to come to Him and the relationship be restored.  We did nothing to deserve this affection.  There was no spots of goodness that might warrant such a gesture.  God alone by His own gracious love for His creation decided to pour out grace towards us through the cross of Jesus Christ.

It is this grace for which I am eternally grateful.  This grace of God is what has given purpose and meaning to my life.  It is because of this "amazing grace" that I am a child of Almighty God (John 1:12)





0 comments: