12.08.2014

When A Son Becomes A Brother

This is not some kind of riddle. It is just a thought that has been on my mind for the past couple of weeks. The thought began when our oldest son, Drew, came to his mother and I and said that he was ready to become a follower of Jesus.

This moment is one that my bride and I have been anxiously awaiting for some time now. We began praying soon after each one of our sons was born that they would become genuine followers of Jesus. A couple of weeks back, our oldest son crossed that threshold.

Yesterday, I had the wonderful privilege of baptizing our oldest son. Each baptism I am a part of is special, but this one definitely placed at the top of the list. I promised myself that I would not cry, but the moment was just too much. As my son looked up at me and answered affirmatively that he has chosen to follow Jesus, I couldn't hold it in.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "There is an occasion for everything, and a time for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:4 says, "a time to weep and a time to laugh."

Yesterday was a day that I will hold as one of the greatest days in this parent's life. It was a day where my son was recognized as my brother in Christ!

0 comments: