11.05.2007

Separation is a bad thing... very bad thing. The wife and kid have been at her parents' house for the weekend to pick up some things. They are coming back tomorrow. I find myself counting down the minutes that the two people that I love more than anything on this earth return and I'm able to see and hold them. As this thought goes through my mind, I start to grab hold of a truth that I've heard for so long, but I don't know if I've quite understood it this deeply. The truth is: God loves us. I know that you're probably thinking, "Whoa! That's a deep one there!" Like I said, I've heard this truth for as long as I can remember. I've believed it for almost that long. But to take a moment and listen to what that truth says, it's mind-blowing! The God of the universe that can do whatever, whenever, however He chooses... He set aside His greatness, went through the most cruel and embarrassing execution, and was buried in someone else's tomb. And He did all of that just so that you and I didn't have to be separated from Him. I think about an OC Supertones song that goes like: "He'd rather go to hell than heaven without me."

How close to God are you? Some to think about...

0 comments: