12.15.2008

Christianese?

I have been working with students for about 10 years now.  One thing that I have noticed with many students is that they sometimes have a hard time getting the church jargon.  As I have gotten older, I have realized that this just isn't just something  students with.  There are many adults in our churches today who know what the word is but the meaning escapes them.

I'm not sure where we dropped the ball in properly explaining some terms that are used so frequently within the church, but apparently we have.  I have been praying this over some time and working on a series for our student ministry on this topic.  Over the next couple of days, I would like to throw out some of our "Christianese" terms and discuss them.

What are some terms that you hear frequently in church but are almost totally convinced that people don't understand what they really mean?

0 comments: