1.28.2009

Beware of the Slippery Slope

The first month of 2009 is almost gone.  It seems that it is at this point in the year that those new year's resolutions become burdensome and difficult.  If you have lasted this long with yours, you are no doubt hitting that questioning stage of "do I really want to do this for 11 more months?"  For me, this is the point of the year that I get real busy and unintentionally fall behind on some things... then I scramble to catch up only to get real busy again... but I know that there's joy and blessing in enduring.  I'm reminded of what the author of Hebrews tells us...

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.  We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith."  (Hebrews 12:1-2a NLT)

Just a word of encouragement to those out there struggling with the thoughts of is it worth it to hang on and keep going...  YES!  Remember life is a marathon, not a sprint.

0 comments: