4.10.2012

An Easter Picture

This past Sunday was the celebration of the greatest day in history.  It was the celebration of Jesus Christ's victory over death and the grave.  We commonly call it Easter.  It was also my first Easter as the pastor of a local congregation.  I'm not sure why, but that didn't really sink in until Saturday sometime.  It turned out to be an amazing day of worshipping the living Savior at New Life Fellowship.

As I was leaving the building and heading home, I came upon a picture that is not that uncommon in these parts, especially this time of the year.  God used this picture to remind me about the power of the resurrection and just what it had accomplished for me and every other person who has placed their faith in Jesus Christ.

Due to the graphic nature of the picture, I have chosen to not post the picture.  What was this picture you may be asking... I'm glad you asked.  The scene that I drove up on was that of a snake that had been run over in the middle of the road.  Pretty common scene in these rural parts.  As I drove up on this scene where this reptile lay dead, God reminded me of something He pronounced way back in the Garden of Eden:

Then the LORD God said to the serpent:

Because you have done this, you are cursed more than any livestock and more than any wild animal.  You will move on your belly and eat dust all the days of your life. I will put hostility between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel.  (Genesis 3:14-15 HCSB)

It was like God was saying to me that His plan of redemption for us as sinners and also defeat of evil and the evil one that was first pronounced in the Garden of Eden had come about.  Satan has been defeated!  We can live in victory through Jesus Christ!

What did God show/speak to you this Easter?

0 comments: