12.27.2007

Christmas 2007


Christmas 2007 has come and gone. In our house, it couldn't have passed soon enough. It turns out that the first Christmas that we spend together as a family would be decorated with visits to the emergency room and such. I had to leave Naomi and Drew at the house while I went to our church's Christmas Eve service to let some people know that we weren't going to be able to make the party afterwards. (I was there for the worship, too.) When I got home, I was confronted with my 3 month old son not being able to hold anything down. We took him to the ER and found out that it was just a bug and that he should be okay. Christmas morning brought another whole adventure as my wife had apparently caught "the bug" from our son. 'Twas not a good day. My mother and sister had come over for a Christmas lunch, but everything was up in the air because as anyone knows, "when momma ain't feeling good... nothing goes right."

Even with all the craziness that this Christmas brought to us this year, it was nice. We reflected on many things. Most thankful that this year marked the first of many that we would share together as a family... father, mother, and children. That was the stocking stuffer that I was looking for. I guess the question now becomes, "what will 2008 have in store for us?"

0 comments: