12.08.2012

Unexpected Blessing

20121208-105100.jpg
Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us — to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20, 21 HCSB)

It was a couple of months ago when I got an email from NOBTS, where I am working on my Masters of Divinity degree. It had said that they had received my application for financial aid for Spring 2013. I thought this was interesting because I had not put in an application. I asked my wife if somehow she had gone behind my back (in a good way) and done this. No.

The reason that I had not applied was that I knew that I would not be enrolled at full-time status which is a requirement for most aid. I just left it to a glitch in the system. I wasn't looking forward to getting some aid but having to return it because I was not full-time.

Here we are in December. The current semester is closing down. Looking ahead to the next semester, we wonder how much we will be able to do to complete this degree - the finish line is in sight!

All of the sudden, I get an email from NOBTS that says "Congratulations!" It was a $400 grant for next semester. As I said earlier, I wasn't looking forward to going to the Financial Aid office and telling them I don't qualify. Then I saw this in the email...

Enrollment can be full- or part-time (on-campus, extension center, or internet courses).

Then it hit me. I do qualify for this one... and I can use it! Praise the Lord! This will be great. I am looking to do a workshop in January that will complete my on-campus requirements. That means if the funds come in for that workshop ($1110), I will be able to finish my degree online and no longer have to commute to New Orleans. (Too bad this grant can't be used for the workshop.) This grant/scholarship will just about cover an online class for the spring to get me one step closer to the end.

God never ceases to amaze me. When I thought there was no way to qualify, apparently He made a way for even me in my situation to qualify. He has a special way of reminding you that He is Emmanuel - "God with us."

As we are praying for God to provide for this workshop in January, I would ask that you pray for us. If God lays it on your heart to help meet this goal, please contact me and I can show you how to do so.

0 comments: